Friday, February 7, 2014

item #37: a RARE Neil Gaiman ANANSI BOYS tour tshirt plus more!

item #37: this is a vintage tee from the promotional tour Neil Gaiman did for his fabulous tale ANANSI BOYS. I say vintage because already! 2005 is NINE years ago!

ANANSI BOYS debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list, I remember we were all screaming on my tour when we heard (i was out w/Motley Crue at the time)

It also went on to win a Locus Award and the British Fantasy award. (& probably more, but onward)

Now it is being made into a miniseries by RED Productions for the BBC

!!!

Ah, Fat Charlie and Mr. Nancy...my favorite will always be poor Tiger. Cannot WAIT to see who plays Graham Coates, that classic new-style scoundrel.

This tshirt is from the Toronto stop. It is 100% cotton in size unisex L, a fairly roomy L at that. NEVER BEEN WORN.

Also included in this auction:

a MP3 CD ROM of Lenny Henry narrating the book-- very delightfully, I might add.

a signed-by-Neil-Gaiman (in silver sharpie) ANANSI BOYS bookmark. If you haven't read the book, the lime may puzzle you.

CLICK HERE FOR THE AUCTION LINK.

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS AUCTION WILL BENEFIT THE GAIMAN FOUNDATION.

Neil and his daughter Holly have established...wait, I'll let Neil's words from his recent journal entry do the talking:

The Gaiman Foundation is a small family foundation which supports freedom of speech, literacy and education causes, and generally does good. I'm planning to sign and auction off a LOT of rare and unlikely stuff from my attic and basement for the Gaiman Foundation over the next couple of years.

me again, as always, my auctions start at 99 cents.

The auctions mentioned above may have some reserves and higher starting points, because there will be some RARE gems coming up from Neil's secret laboratory.

Stay tuned and we will find out together.

ps. Neil's reading of GREEN EGGS AND HAM is fast approaching the 400,000 view mark-- what a doll he was to do this. WATCH IT HERE!

as ever, thanks for following my swallowing diamonds project...

No comments: