Monday, April 9, 2012

signed OLIVIA prints BACK IN STOCK & a new interview.

That dreamboat scribe, Mr. Gaiman has been busy signing more of the gorgeous creamy rich prints illustrated by miss Olivia.
There are about 50 of them this time.


Get them here.







I did a quick interview with the husband half of the Olivia team, the motor behind Olivia's boat, Joel Beren, one of the funniest men I have ever met.

Q: what did you want to be when you grew up?


A: less clueless


Q: tell me about the first time you laid eyes on miss Olivia….


A: when we met Olivia had a boyfriend, and I was just looking to maybe buy a painting


Q: How has the art world changed in the last couple decades?


A: internet/digital world changes everything.


Q: Anything you miss and would like to see brought back?


there were a few good psychedelics...


Q: Anything you are glad is no longer happening?


A: polio


Q: The prints you produce are so very beautiful and rich. Was there a great deal of trial and error in the beginning? Or did you know exactly what you were trying for?


A: we have been working with printers for decades-I ask a lot of questions...eventually I figure out what works for us.


Q: Hand-torn with that rough edge, I love that detail so much.
Can you tell me more about this: (is that an industry practice or something you came up with?)


A:
it's a detail that helps to elevate the prints beyond posters...not unusual in the fine art print market.


Q: Any business advice for aspiring artists?


A: art's not for sissies...


Q: Who would play you in the movie of your life?


since Pierre Clémenti is no longer available, gotta go with Crispin Glover.
(interviewer note: C. Glover played the best Grendel ever!)


Q: if you had life to do all over again, anything you would change?
A: I would grow up in California.


Q: the question I should have asked you is:


what do you want to be when you grow up?

______________________________________________

1 comment:

spacedlaw said...

I like "art's not for sissies".
It's probably not for dreamers as well.