Sunday, October 2, 2011

#Cabal contest

I got so many good canine quotes, real & imagined, that i'd like to put them to a vote...
you can vote as a comment on here or retweet to @Neverwear with a #Cabal hashtag--
(I will ask @Neilhimself, but i know he prefers to not judge these things--)
here are my favorites:


@becaolivetree
"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog." - Charles Doran


@yunalasca
"A man may smile and bid you hail Yet wish you to the devil; But when a good dog wags his tail, You know he's on the level" ~Anon


@beezerbub
"Dogs love company. They place it first in their short list of needs." ~J.R. Ackerley


@Campion7
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leash.


@momentofjen
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin


@mccartyl
@neverwear twitpic.com/4hdbvj - "Let me be the person my dog thinks I am."


@prgrmr42
"all knowledge, the totalty of all questions and all answers is contained in the dog" -- Kafka


@PixieThief
"He cannot be a gentleman that loveth not a dog." - Old English Proverb


@ENYMPH
"channel your inner big dog" – me
(this big dog quote just makes me happy, i love this one and the one below...)


@jamdftba
"Fooey, I'ma sleep where I want" -our dog Rue upon jumping on my roommate's bed and ignoring the bed we put on the floor for her.


special mention goes to a lone haiku writer:
@WaiJing_Haiku

Dog barks at something/he imagined, yet which seems/very real to him


Neil wears Cabal tee

will leave the voting up for a day, and tomorrow night, will see who gets a lovely new Cabal tee.
NEVERWEAR.

4 comments:

Quemaqua said...

My vote goes to Kafka. I have thought the same many times, and that quote's new to me.

Luneowl said...

Voting for: "Let me be the person my dog thinks I am."

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to @yunalasca......its a simple fact that you can trust a wagging tail but not always a shake of hands!

Quog said...

Given Neil writes books: how about Groucho Marx - Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend; inside of a dog it's too dark to read.